2009年10月16日 星期五

I met a multicultural beauty in FR212 - Soha

It may seem a bit hard to come across really good and nice melody French songs..
Therefore, I'm pretty thankful for what Aurore showed us in class last week.


Soha, a native French vocalist... who grew up in Marseille (Southern part of France),

Her mother = Sudanese
Her father = Algerian
... uses multiple language lyrics her songs.


The whole style is indescribable... a mix of Jazz and Latin... simply classy & Soha, this charming lady is my recent diva.



Her album "D'ici et D'ailleur"(Here and Elsewhere)


1- Cafe Bleu:

La vie s'en prend à nos rires et à nos paroles en l'air
On apprend à se couvrir en marchant à découvert
Mais où sont passées les îles
Ont-elles coulé sous la mer
Rien de plus facile que d'oublier qu'on espère
Alors si tu te perds


Rejoins-moi au café bleu
Le temps d'une cigarette ou deux
L'éternité ne vaut que pour les amoureux
On dansera au café bleu
Le temps d'une chanson ou deux
Le paradis ne vaut que pour les gens heureux


Il n'y a que dans les livres que l'on peut changer le monde
Il faut aller sur la lune pour voir que la terre est ronde
Mais y'a pas que dans les films qu'on voit des fondus au noir
Je t'ai trouvé dans la lune, j'ai aimé ton histoire
Le reste ça reste à voir

Rejoins-moi au café bleu
Le temps d'une cigarette ou deux
L'éternité ne vaut que pour les amoureux
On dansera au café bleu le temps d'une chanson ou deux
Le paradis ne vaut que pour les gens heureux


2- Soha et Antoine Essertier - Mil Pasos

this sensual melody and beat reminded me of the temporary Latino craze I was in this summer when I got in contact with Salsa, Merengue and Bachata.

Don't you think there's an absolutely alluring feel to this song? Or it's just my imagination? :O

(I'll post the lyrics if I can find it some other time.)


3-Vue de là-bas (the view below)

a sense of nostalgia.. loneliness, it makes me visualize a warm sunset in a Latino country..
a charming lady walking down the little cafes on the streets...
(Once I feel like posting the lyrics I'll post it here.)


4-Tourbillon (serre-moi fort si tu m'aimes)

a very cute video with Soha & a bunch of kids dancing on the streets while singing.

from the subtitle I can tell you it means "Hold Me Tight if You Love Me", as for Tourbillon, http://www.wordreference.com/ translated it as whirlpool/wind. So, now the title makes sense? :)

I also love this song. Full of passion, luring, seductive feeling... if Dirty Dancing 2 Havana Nights had this song in it would fit completely... haha!


5- On ne saura jamais

here's the evidence of Soha mixing various languages in her song as lyrics.
How many can you identify?

French, English, Italian, Spanish... anymore?

[wandering wonderer: I'll share anything that stirs me along this journey. Come and wander/wonder with me...]

沒有留言:

張貼留言